The Kentucky Democratic Party is seeking a Data Director to drive best data practices for electoral success
The Kentucky Democratic Party (KDP) is seeking a Data Director to administer the statewide voter file (VoteBuilder), manage the day-to-day data needs of candidates, county parties, and affiliated groups, and develop and report upon metrics that will help deliver Democratic victories up and down the ticket. This position reports into the Executive Director, is based out of KDP’s headquarters in Frankfort, KY.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day administration of VoteBuilder, including setting up and maintaining users, committees, activist codes, survey questions, and other infrastructure.
- Develop, implement, and manage a statewide VoteBuilder training and certification program, including a regular webinar schedule.
- Work in close coordination with campaigns and caucuses to answer questions, troubleshoot issues, and implement base practice data standards to ensure optimal program quality throughout Kentucky.
- Maintain the KDP’s My Campaign database.
- Provide timely and relevant analysis of data for specialized research projects, in many cases requiring rapid turnaround.
- Create and disseminate analysis of voter contact results and turnout, voter registration, and other data relevant to campaigns and caucuses.
- Work with the DNC data and technology teams and national partners to maintain voter history and Arbor data in Vertica.
- Collect raw political data from County Clerks, State Board of Elections and other sources, such as the census, and convert it to usable form for analysis; scrubbing and matching acquired lists back to the voter file.
- Recruit for and manage the projects of Data Department fellows and interns.
- A positive, customer-service oriented personality who has the willingness and desire to respond to issues promptly;
- At least two cycles of prior campaign experience;
- Knowledge and familiarity with VoteBuilder;
- Demonstrated data analysis skills, preferably in a political environment;
- Working knowledge of statistical models, precinct targeting, etc. is beneficial;
- Knowledge of Excel including formulas, functions, and pivot tables;
- Basic proficiency with SQL and GIS programs;
- Experience standardizing data from multiple sources to produce complex reports;
- Ability to plan and manage time sensitive projects with competing needs;
- Strong attention to detail, including accuracy of data entry;
- Natural time management + organizational skills, and able to manage multiple priorities and tasks; and
- Capacity and desire to work long and hours in an exciting campaign setting, often in evenings and/or weekends.
Position is full-time and health benefits are included.
The Kentucky Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.