The Kentucky Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
The Kentucky Democratic Party is seeking an experienced Finance Director as we launch into 2020.
The Kentucky Democratic Party seeks an experienced Finance Director to lead the party’s fundraising operation as we build momentum into the 2020 cycle. The Finance Director is responsible for creating and implementing an annual fundraising plan. They should be skilled in managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and while maintaining a sharp focus on details. They must be creative, dynamic, and have consistent follow through. The Director will report to the Executive Director, will work closely with the Chair, and collaborate with the entire Party team.
Responsibilities include planning and executing events and other fundraising activities, developing and monitoring call time, building and maintaining donor relationships, and making direct solicitations of state and local donors through multiple channels and media. Additionally, they will be an aggressive innovator of new ideas, approaches, and opportunities to raise funds.
Position Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Work with staff, officers, consultants, and vendors to develop an aggressive fundraising plan, including implementing an annual fundraising calendar, that comprise direct mail, events, major donor, digital/merchandise, and other targeted fundraising campaigns.
- Develop and manage strategies geared towards the donor lifecycle and journey as it relates to acquisition, on-boarding, cultivation/engagement and retention from donors acquired via all channels.
- Work with the Party Chair, Executive Director, and Compliance and Operations Director to track income and adjust goals, as needed.
- Work with the Finance Analyst to report income and expenses for all fundraising channels weekly, monthly, and oftentimes daily.
- Work with the SCEC fundraising committee and assist in developing and supporting their goals.
- Manage teams of staff, interns, and volunteers in the planning and execution of events and other fundraising tactics.
- Direct the operations for yearly fundraisers, and donor appreciation events, as well as implement the yearly fundraising plan.
- Draft fundraising and event communications, including acquiring approval from the Chair, Executive Director, and elected officials, candidates, etc. This includes but is not limited to multiple weekly fundraising emails, donor reports, electoral reports, social media communications, and direct mail.
- Act as point of contact for guest speakers, providing briefing documents and talking points, and attending to other special requests.
- Act as point of contact for prospective and committed event sponsors. This includes following up on unanswered solicitations, confirming guests, and securing payment.
- Act as point of contact for venue management and other vendors, such as catering and audio-visual providers. This includes determining appropriate room setup orders and timed, detailed event schedules.
- Political fundraising experience, including time directing volunteers/staff.
- Proven track record of raising funds from diverse sources.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously under strict deadlines;
- Excellent personal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Great verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- State and federal election law knowledge is very beneficial.
- Willingness to travel throughout Kentucky and nationally.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Microsoft Word and Excel, and Google Docs, with experience in NGP-VAN; online event registration software; and comfort with basic graphic design tools, such as Canva, Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Demonstrated commitment to accountability, measuring outcomes, and a results-oriented culture.
- Demonstrated commitment to Democratic values.
- Must have a valid Kentucky’s driver’s license and reliable mode of transportation.
- The Finance Director will work from KDP Headquarters in Frankfort during regular business hours, with regular need to work evenings or weekends.
- The Finance Director reports to the Executive Director.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience and we offer health care, vision and dental coverage.
Application and Interview Procedure:
To apply, submit a cover letter describing your interest in the job, your resume, and a list of references either online via the below form, or via email to Mary Nishimuta at email@example.com.