September 13, 2019 Blog, Press Release

Lexington Herald-Leader: “Lt. Gov. Hampton vows to continue court case against Bevin”

Matt Bevin still isn’t capable of ending the toxic GOP civil war he created with his own lieutenant governor. In fact, Lt. Governor Jenean Hampton “vowed Thursday to continue her legal fight against Gov. Matt Bevin for dismissing two of her three staffers even though she has less than three months left in office,” according to a new report yesterday from the Lexington Herald-Leader.

“Absolutely, this is too important,” Hampton told the Herald-Leader after a pre-trial conference in Franklin Circuit Court to set a court schedule for her lawsuit against Bevin. Hampton said she remains active as the state’s No. 2 elected official and needs the help of her staffers, according to the Herald-Leader.

Just last month, Hampton filed a lawsuit against Bevin.

Lt. Governor Hampton believes her staff has not been “treated right” and referred to her relationship with Bevin, saying: “My friends don’t treat me this way.”

“The dysfunction that Matt Bevin has brought to Frankfort won’t end until he is out of office,” said Marisa McNee, spokesperson for the Kentucky Democratic Party. “Bevin would rather bully people than solve problems — and once again Kentucky taxpayers are stuck footing the bill.”